Custom Search

Monday, December 8, 2008

B*stard or Fat A*s? I'm more offended by the latter.

Some girlfriends chat on the phone, shop or occasionally meet up for drinks as their ritualistic homage to what they call bonding.

Well, one of my friends and I, like clockwork, go to the gym because that's our "bonding time." We take this wonderful cardio salsa class but decided to kick it up a notch and take back-to-back classes - one being our regular class and the other was immediately after.

My friend and I were tired but decided to tough it out and take the second class. ( I think I would have worked out four hours straight just to look stallion-esque in my wedding dress. But, that's another blog.)


Picture this...

We've started the second class which is a combination of kick-boxing and aerobic moves. My friend and I are at the back of the class when a woman gets within one foot of my friend and tells her (abrasively) to, "Move up." My friend says, "No, you go up there."

Reminder: We are in the middle of an engaging aerobic class where we're jumping, kicking, punching - basically where there's a need to have space between all class participants. Point being: The woman was too close to my friend and there was more space on the dance floor. She wanted my friend to move although my friend was already working out and had been in that spot long before she arrived.

(Side-note: Describing this feels like kindergarten again when I wanted my seat saved and my friend was suppose to hold it but didn't and I had to push my way back in it...ok...i digress)

The woman bumps my friend and they slightly shove each other and I kept saying out of sheer shock, "Are you kidding me!" (a.k.a "Ahhh COME ON!)

In the midst of the all the commotion, the lady (who will from now on be called the "offender") gets a staff person to reprimand us. Immediately, I tell the staff person (calmly, I might add) that this woman pushed my friend...and in mid-tattle - the woman yells at me, "You're a liar, you bastard. You fat ass."

OK. Whoa.

I know she yelled more than that, but it was like I couldn't hear anything but "bastard and fat ass." So at that point...I lost my temper. I yelled some unmentionables...and my friend and I decided that we would leave. But my wonderful friend, being the spunky person she is said, "Why should WE leave." So we proceed back to the class. When the offender saw that we were back, she left.

The staff person told us she saw how the woman acted and said to let her know if the woman harasses us again. Apparently, an incident had happened with the same woman and another club member.

Here's my dilemma: I was angrier that the woman called me a fat ass than a bastard. I know my father, he's a wonderful man and very active in my life. But a fat ass? Isn't that why I was in the gym anyway? That went too far. [Smile]

Everyone laughs when my friend and I tell this story, because out of all of this...I was most upset that she called me a fat ass.

Disclaimer: I'm not an insecure woman who is ashamed of her curves. I embrace them. But it was something about being exhausted and trying to fit into a wedding dress that sent me over the edge. For the record...I LOVE MY FAT ASS!

Mickey

5 comments:

  1. First and foremost, congratulations on starting this blog. I'm very proud of you for taking another step toward your destiny. You're an exceptional writer and I found myself right in the moment. On another note, if you need me to Chitown that b*tch, let a brother know;-)

    Love Life, Live & Learn,

    Hassahn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is in response to "you" requesting "us" to edit the email subject line before forwarding your lovely blog invitation. LOL. I beat you to the punch. Much love.

    "NO, it has to go out exactly the way you "sending" it....LOL grammar is funny isn't it! OH COME ON! (That was a "kudos!" for the first blog.....or maybe it sounds like ahhh....kamahnnn!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The original subject...LOL I LOVE YOUR WRITING...


    "I've starting...a BLOG!!!"

    and yes, I will edit it as it goes forth.

    Me ruv you very much....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG !!! this has got to be one of the most awesome stories of 2008 !

    Mickey, i love your writings!

    keep up the great work!, and congratulations on starting your blog(s)! :D

    happy holidays from the fluxlife blog!

    -steve @ fluxlife

    P.S. please feel free to email us at fluxlife1@gmail.com. we'd love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hysterical, I was laughing out loud while reading this. Agreed Fat Ass wouldve offended me the most also. Love the blog, very funny.

    ReplyDelete