Custom Search

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Hilarity

After having my heart's content of delicious Thanksgiving eats, I sat, remote in hand, looking for an afternoon, drama-filled, Lifetime made-for-TV movie.

While flipping through channels I noticed an interesting infomercial.

Yes, I'll admit I'm one of those folks who is quickly drawn into the amazing things a particular gadget can do to "make life easier" (as they all claim). I'm always amused by the marketing and demonstration tricks used to make the product more appealing. Let's not forget the host who is usually someone with high energy, smiling or screaming while bombarding you with cheap jokes and charm. I love every bit of it.

With all that said, here is the infomercial I saw:



All I have to say is, "Ahhh come on!"

First off, I'm not even going to comment on the product. At times, I tend to have the humor or a 12-year-old boy. Enough said.

Second, the woman is smiling like she's enjoying it. (Yeah right.)

The tag line even mentioned, "...designed specifically for women." Once I was able to catch my breath from laughing,  I had the immediate thought - SOME MAN INVENTED THIS MESS!

But then after searching, I guess some marketer decided to expand the target audience because I found this:



Here, the men are all greasy and buffed. (Just yummy :) )


I predict this product will do well. Again, enough said.

On another note, this sounds like a new blog project for me. If I buy this, I'll be sure to write about it :)

Check out Ellen's bit on the "Shake Weight":




Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

Mickey

2 comments:

  1. All I have to say is "i-gallop" or "i-joyride". LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwocdImA6Z8

    ellen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ral_ksZ-iZY

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!!!! GATA!!!
    Sounds like a new blog to me...
    lol
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete